Pages

February 17, 2012

Trastevere

Trastevere is one of my favorite places in Rome. John and I took a walk up the hill to catch a beautiful panoramic view of the city, had a picnic in the park, and then made our way down through the colorful and labyrinthine loveliness to visit the first church ever built in honor of Jesus' mother Mary. Along the way, we saw stylish Romans riding bicycles, ivy covered buildings, college students going to class on mopeds, laundry hanging out to dry on lines tied across narrow streets, beautifully painted pottery, and lots of great places to eat. Because it was advent season, I especially enjoyed reflecting on the intricate and colorful mosaics in the church in Trastevere, which tell the story of Jesus' birth. Hope you enjoy this glimpse into our day!
    












1 comment:

  1. Ah...Amazing. These are fantastic. So, so, so, so much so. Makes my heart leap.
    <3
    ps...sometimes, I'm called me anonymous but my real name is Catherine.

    ReplyDelete