Pages

February 20, 2012

The Best Clothes in Bracciano are Free

As I was preparing and packing for our trip to Italy, I made a foolish assumption. For some reason or another (perhaps wishful thinking) I was under the impression that the weather would seldom get cold and that it would never rain during our three-month visit... and then I packed accordingly. As you may have guessed already, this was an incorrect supposition. November arrived, and so did a week and a half of unrelenting rain. And then came the thunder storms. And then came the very cold weather. I was not prepared. Since John and I were on a restricted budget, purchasing more weather-appropriate clothing was not an option, which meant it was time to get creative. We went "dumpster diving", and ended up with some pretty great loot! Here are three examples of what we found.  
  
Exhibit 1: We pulled this gray sweater from a pile of abandoned items alongside the road near our apartment.
Exhibit 2: We picked this sweatshirt out from a bag of deserted clothes at the park.
Exhibit 3: And we spotted this wonderful red jacket in a pile of “give-aways” we found behind a dumpster. 


Just three more reasons to be thankful for the continual provision in our lives, if you ask me. What are you thankful for this week? 

2 comments:

  1. What a good reminder of how God clothes us just as he clothes the lilies of the valley. :) Love you sweet girl! - Katie Rohwer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them!! You look great in them! A beautiful girl like you would look great even in a potato sack :-)
    -Hiromi

    ReplyDelete