Pages

February 03, 2012

Food Photography

I love food. I appreciate artfully prepared meals, enjoy trying new recipes, and delight in looking at food photography. I even like reading about food. One of my favorite authors, Michael Pollan, writes about the intersection of food with health, history, politics, ethics, and economics. 

That said, you may not be surprised to hear that one of my favorite parts of being in Italy was the food. While we were there, John and I were able to eat non-GMO food that was local, in season, and free of high fructose corn syrup and other yucky additives. 

These are some photos I took while making a skewered vegetable dish at our apartment in Italy. It didn't turn out to be as flavorful as I had hoped, so I won't share the recipe with you, but it sure was colorful and fun to photograph! One of my goals for our trip was to learn how to use the manual mode on my digital camera. It's nothing special, just a Canon PowerShot A650 IS, but it's what I have, and I am determined to make the most of it until we can afford a better one.





No comments:

Post a Comment